12 Days of Sustainable Actions Holiday Challenge
Monday, Dec. 12 – Friday, Dec. 23
The Holiday season is here! Which means it is time for the Annual 12 Days of Sustainable Actions – Holiday Challenge. The challenge will run from Dec 12-23. This holiday season IRPS is challenging Iron Range residents to take sustainable actions in their communities, their economy, and their environment. Actions will be voted on by the local community, and the top 3 most popular actions win! Winners of the challenge will receive a gift card for local Iron Range business.
How the Holiday Challenge Works and Rules for Entry
- To submit an entry to the challenge send a photo of your sustainable action to Brian Bluhm (firstname.lastname@example.org) or message your photo directly on the IRPS Facebook page. With your picture include a short description of how your action promotes sustainability (balance between environment, economy, and community).
- Entry actions must take place during the challenge time frame, December 12th – 23rd.
- The challenge is open to anyone on the Iron Range.
- Participants can submit one photo/entry for each day of the challenge.
- After the 12th day of the competition all pictures will be posted to the IRPS Facebook page.
- Visit the IRPS Facebook page from Dec 25th – 28th to check out at on all the sustainable action entries and vote on your favorite by “liking” the picture.
- The top three photos/entries with the most “likes” win!
Be Sustainable this Holiday Season! Some ideas to get you thinking:
- Recycle old holiday lights at St. Louis County Environmental Services Drop-off Locations.
- Buy energy efficient LED holiday lights and get a rebate through Minnesota Power, Lake Country Power, or your Local Municipal Utility.
- Support Local Businesses and Give Locally Made Gifts.
- Make locally-sourced meals.
- Sign up to get a Home Energy Audit.
- Reduce holiday waste.
- Recycle electronic waste.
Follow the Iron Range Partnership for Sustainability Facebook page for more ideas during the challenge. AND, check out the Entries from 2015!