Iron Range Harvest Festival
The Iron Range Harvest Festival is a celebration of local food, community and place! The 3rd Annual Iron Range Harvest Festival took place on September 9 – 11, 2016. The Harvest Festival builds connections between Iron Range residents and local food producers through community discussions, farm tours, and the Iron Range Harvest Festival Farmers’ Market. Congregations Caring for the Earth will also be hosting the 2016 100 Mile Harvest Meal as an opportunity for people of various spiritual traditions to honor the harvest and our shared environment.
Friday, September 9
Healthy Food for ALL Minnesotans – Minnesota Food Charter Network
Are you inspired to create a better food system for all Minnesotans? Want to make better connections with others who want to the same thing? Join the discussion with the Minnesota Food Charter Network Director Michael Dahl on Friday, September 9. The conversation will be based around three questions:
- What are you doing to increase reliable access to safe, affordable, healthy food in your community?
- What motivates you to do this?
- If you had one hour with the Governor and legislative leaders, what would you tell them about what’s working and not working with Minnesota’s food supply?
5:00 PM on Friday, September 9 (Snacks Provided) at The Shop Coffeehouse/218 Taphouse (235 Chestnut St, Virginia)
Learn more about the MN Food Charter
Saturday, September 10
Iron Range Area Farm Tours
Interested in learning more about the opportunities and challenges producing food in northeast Minnesota? Take part in a local farm tour! These participating local farms will be open for you to explore and ask questions at the times listed below:
Sunday September 11
Iron Range Farmers’ Market
- 2-4:30 PM – Farmers’ Market at Messiah Lutheran Church (8590 Enterprise Dr S, Mt. Iron) featuring the music of local singer and songwriter Josh Palmi and kids’ activities hosted by the Laurentian Environmental Center. Interested in selling at the Farmers’ Market? Contact Ashley Phoenix (firstname.lastname@example.org).
100 Mile Harvest Meal
- 5-7 PM – The 100 Mile Harvest Meal is a potluck celebration of locally grown food! Come together with your fellow Iron Rangers for the 100 Mile Harvest Meal at Messiah Lutheran Church, with “Hopeful Harvest: Faithful Climate Action” by keynote speaker Erin Pratt (Minnesota Interfaith Power and Light Program Director). This event, hosted Congregations Caring for the Earth, will feature food from within 100 miles of the area. If you’re able, please bring a locally sourced dish to share.
The 2016 Iron Range Harvest Festival is sponsored by: